Posted on April 12, 2019
Studio Producer/Sr. Project Manager
Toronto, Canada / Full Time Position
Livewire is currently looking for an experienced and passionate Studio Producer/Sr. Project Manager. Reporting to the Director, Studio, this role takes ownership of assigned projects, proactively managing all aspects of project scoping, estimating, production and delivery. Working closely with the Account Director, Creative Director and the client, the Studio Producer drives and motivates the project team, ensuring that the development of client deliverable falls within the applicable budget and timelines. This position requires knowledge and project management experience in a variety of channels including; print, video, and digital. Also integral to the role are advanced project scoping and budgeting capabilities, excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail. The person who succeeds in this role is self-motivated, inquisitive, efficient, organized, creative, and a highly collaborative.
Role & Responsibilities
• Work in partnership with Account Director and Client Services Team (CST) to gain a deep understanding of the job objectives and deliverable (scope) and ensure that they are clearly defined. Create detailed scope and price quotes for a variety of jobs, incorporating both time requirements from internal teams and outside vendor costs.
• In collaboration with the Account Director, manage day-to-day job communication with the client and ensure an exceptional client experience throughout the job life cycle. Leverage your understanding of the client and their priorities to respond to their needs and proactively develop solutions.
• Support the Account Director, by contributing to job briefs and actively participating in the kickoff meeting, ensuring that job objectives and deliverables are clearly communicated to the team. Ensure all team members understand their role and responsibilities on the job, timelines and budget considerations.
• Adhere to Livewire’s established workflow processes. Create detailed workback schedules and directly manage all resources and workflow, ensuring timely completion of job deliverable. Schedule brainstorms, working sessions, internal and client reviews and other meetings, as required, to ensure production timing needs and job delivery dates are met. Capture meeting notes, outcomes and next steps and communicate to team and, if appropriate, the client.
• Manage internal and client revision cycles. Keep the team informed on updates and revisions. Manage testing / QA processes, taking ownership of job quality assurance.
• Throughout the job, gather, archive and organize all job documentation and files on the Projects server, including working and final files from third party vendors.
• Tenaciously manage job budgets, ensuring vendors receive and adhere to purchase orders and internal teams are aware of time allocations. Mitigate missed deliverables and scope changes by consistently tracking work in progress. Inform the Account Director and/or client of job delays, scope changes or of potential overages (contingency use). Initiate conversations, internally and externally, in a timely manner so that cost issues can be dealt with (or avoided) responsibly.
• Maintain resource requirements in Workbook and provide input to resource planning to ensure that teams are in place to deliver quality execution. Participate in weekly production meetings to ensure assigned jobs are properly resourced.
• Reconcile projects after final delivery to client is complete. Ensure that all time, expenses and costs have been entered. Work with the AD to ensure the timely delivery of invoices to the client.
• Manage or provide support on internal Livewire jobs, as required.
• Deliver on Livewire’s expectation of adding value, being accountable, courageous, collaborative, and doing all of this with integrity.
Skills & Qualifications
• 5+ years production experience
• 5+ years project management experience – proven leadership managing projects, and communication
• Ability to work effectively under deadlines in a complex, ever changing business environment.
• Demonstrated strategic thinker and problem-solver, emphasizing the ability to provide both conceptual and functional insight into a project – with a lens on innovation.
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, quick-thinking, dynamic environment
• Results focus with ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to work with multiple teams and functional areas, agency-wide, on multiple projects – i.e. a real team player.
Future Growth Opportunities with Livewire
The Studio is a growth area within the company, and it is expected that there will be increasing responsibilities and opportunity within this area. In addition to further responsibilities within the role the following future positions may also provide opportunities for growth:
1. Integrated Producer
2. Account Director
3. Director, Studio
We thank all applicants for their interest, and regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Livewire will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.