Posted on September 24, 2019
Senior Graphic Designer
Toronto, Canada / Full Time Position
Livewire is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our team for a full-time, temporary contract in order to cover for a maternity leave. This position, reporting to the Director, Studio, will participate in conceptualizing and executing a broad array of B2E and B2B communications. The Senior Graphic Designer combines vision with the ability to solve complex creative challenges in all Livewire disciplines (print, digital, video and live event) using sound design principles that deliver on business objectives. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing agency environment in mid-town Toronto. Enjoy a great working culture in an open loft-style work environment where you can bring your dog on Fridays!
Our ideal candidate is someone with a friendly and helpful nature who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment, with an approach that emphasizes proactivity and resourcefulness.
Role & Responsibilities
• Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to develop communication strategies and prepare, execute and deliver best-in-class creative work. Contribute hands-on, skilled graphic design, as required.
• Design ideas, storyboards, and other visual assets in order to clearly articulate a conceptual direction.
• Manage and prioritize design projects to meet deadlines, and effectively communicate project status. Collaborate with vendors to ensure optimal output of creative projects, as required.
• Develop a thorough understanding of clients’ project objectives and assess creative briefs to ensure they contain all pertinent information.
• Participate in ideation sessions, in partnership with other creatives, and provide creative concept solutions, design expertise and feedback to the team.
• Provide written rationale to support concepts developed and present your work to both job teams and clients with clarity, confidence and an open mind. Work effectively with feedback to satisfy all stakeholders.
• Track internal and client revision cycles to enable accurate version control. Review and QC all work and have the Creative Director (CD) review before it is delivered to client.
• Ensure quality and timeliness of all deliverables.
• Contribute to the development of internal Livewire creative assets.
• Lead/participate in concept development and production/preparation of materials required for new business development including; pitches, RFPs and proposals.
• Contribute to various additional projects as assigned and respond to the creative needs of the business while turning around quality design files within tight timelines.
• Maintain current style-guides for existing client brands and various other jobs that require guidelines to ensure consistency and flawless execution.
• As required, work with the Producers to define scope, creative approach and time required against tasks and deliverables on jobs and contribute to corresponding estimates/quotes.
• Proactively identify capacity and resourcing issues to the Director, Studio.
• Throughout the job, gather, organize and archive all working files and assets supplied by the client on the Jobs server.
• Research and provide recommendations based on best practices and industry and trends.
• Ensure the integrity of all creative is maintained according to brand guidelines and standards.
• College or University degree in Graphic Design
• 5+ years of work experience in the Graphic Design field in creative development and execution
• Excellent creative and visual conceptualization, written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of graphic design: layout, typography, colour theory and production processes
• In-depth knowledge of all design related software applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) in a MAC environment
• In-depth knowledge of PowerPoint, Print Production and Digital/Online design preferred
• Ability to effectively pitch and present ideas and champion ideas and concepts to senior stakeholders
• Ability to execute projects from rough concepts to the finished product across all channels
• Ability to develop innovative design solutions in accordance with company requirements and within brand standards
• Detail oriented, highly enthusiastic and a team player, with positive attitude and high energy level
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, evolving, dynamic environment
• Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Ability to easily adapt to new technology and adopt internal workflow processes and systems