Posted on May 9, 2019
Communication Strategist – Chicago
Toronto, Canada / Full Time Position
Livewire US is currently looking for an experienced and passionate Communication Strategist. Reporting to the Director, Strategy, the Communication Strategist is a critical member of our client team. As the lead on insight and planning projects, you provide strategic internal communications counsel to clients and client teams.
Role & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with client leadership and communicators and our internal creatives, producers, and tactical specialists to determine the strategies, messaging, creative, channels, tactics, and timeline and sequencing for employee communication projects
• Review client materials to achieve a detailed understanding of the business objectives we are supporting with our communication plan
• Develop interview questionnaires and work with our analysts to develop surveys or other instruments
• Review and/or audit existing communications and communication channels
• Identify emerging themes and issues, report key findings, define audiences and outcomes and develop communication strategy
• Write and edit reports, develop and lead client presentations
• Write strategic briefs to kick-off planning teams
• Participate in ideation and brainstorms
• Write communication plans in partnership with a creative writer who handles the description of tactics
• Handle client correspondence as required
As a member of the Strategy team
• You are a professional communicator with 5-7 years experience in corporate communication, journalism, PR, or Marketing.
• You like business and find it keenly interesting to understand clients’ priorities and business strategies.
• You are a quick-study and can readily absorb and understand information you learn about an organization
• You can keep an eye on ‘the big picture’ but understand that it is essential to capture the details
• You can both analyze a situation for its key elements and think creatively about how to re-organize them into a better solution
• You genuinely like people and want to help improve the quality of their day-to-day working lives
• You are insatiably curious and questioning
• You enjoy brainstorming and developing ideas with talented people from a variety of backgrounds
• You understand the pressures of modern business, you like change and a quick pace, can think on your feet and produce under pressure.
• You treat people respectfully and as equals—CEO to mailroom—and can readily read social cues and shift your behaviour appropriate to the situation; you are mindful of respecting professional experience at all levels
• You are a highly capable writer, with a refined ability to convey an idea coherently, concisely, and compellingly. You believe that grammar matters and spelling mistakes don’t occur in anything you send out
• You believe that the appearance of a report reflects your professionalism
We thank all applicants for their interest, and regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Livewire will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.