Posted on May 9, 2019
Communication Strategist – Chicago
Toronto, Canada / Full Time Position
Livewire US is currently looking for an experienced and passionate Communication Strategist. The Communication Strategist is a critical member of our client team. As the lead on insight and planning projects, you provide strategic internal communications counsel to clients and client teams.
Role & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with client leadership and communicators and our internal creatives, producers, and tactical specialists to
determine the strategies, messaging, creative outcome, communication channels, tactics, timeline and sequencing for employee
• Review client materials to achieve a detailed understanding of the business objectives we are supporting with our communication
• Develop interview questionnaires and work with our analysts to develop surveys or other instruments
• Review and/or audit existing communications and communication channels
• Identify emerging themes and issues, report key findings, define audiences and outcomes and develop a communication strategy
• Write and edit reports, develop and lead client presentations
• Write strategic briefs to kick-off planning teams
• Participate in ideation and brainstorms
• Write communication plans in partnership with a creative writer who handles the description of tactics
• Handle client correspondence as required
As a member of the Strategy team
• You are a professional communicator with 5-7 years experience in corporate communication, journalism, PR, or Marketing.
• You prioritize business acumen as part of your communication tool set and find it keenly interesting to understand clients’
priorities and business strategies.
• You are a quick-study and can readily absorb and understand information you learn about an organization
• You treat people respectfully and as equals—CEO to mailroom—and can readily read social cues and shift your behaviour
appropriate to the situation; you are mindful of respecting professional experience at all levels
• You can keep an eye on ‘the big picture’ but understand that it is essential to capture the details
• You can both analyze a situation for its key elements and think creatively about how to re-organize them into a better solution
• You are an empathetic person who understands the importance and impact of communications to the daily lives of employees
• You are insatiably curious and questioning
• You understand the pressures of modern business, you like change and a quick pace, can think on your feet and produce under
• You are a highly capable writer, with a refined ability to convey an idea coherently, concisely, and compellingly. You believe
that grammar matters and spelling mistakes don’t occur in anything you send out
Please note: This post is for a full-time role in our US office at 1 W Monroe Street in Chicago, IL, but we are always interested in meeting freelance communicators.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please!
Livewire is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Livewire will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.